Wednesday, June 6, 2007

trials and tribulations

I took Ella to the doc's last week for a strange fever and vomiting. It was just a passing virus and the visit was essentially pointless except to give me peace of mind (ie. does she have an ear infection, strep throat, or some other illness that she would need medication for?) Now today I notice that she has this big "sleepy" (crust in the corner of her eye) after waking up. She gets another one after her nap. Then I notice one when I am giving her her 3pm bottle. This last one is small but it is green. Then I notice that her right eye (same eye as all the sleepys) is tearing up more than usual. Now it is past time for the doctor's office to close so I can't call and ask for an appointment for tomorrow. I am figuring that the best thing to do would be to wait and see how it is in the morning and if it is still bad then I will call the doc's office when it opens.

Hurray (sarcasm)

Why is my asshole neighbor weedwacking at 7pm? Doesn't he know that at least two women on this cul-de-sac have children under a year old! At least the sun will be down soon and he will either stop, or injure himself (which would probably cause a cease of work also).
Of course, that takes me back to a July 4th a few years ago when our other neighbor had a 5 month old and we were lighting fireworks off (illegally) in my side yard after their child went to bed. At least that woman had the balls (ladies: we need to come up with a gender appropriate equivalent to this one) to tell us that we needed to stop. I, however, am just sitting at my computer complaining but not doing anything about it. At least it isn't actually keeping her awake. Why would it...she only took one nap again today so she is exhausted.

OK, rant over.

No comments: