Monday, June 11, 2007

I know I can be a bitch sometimes...

but you probably wonder why, so I will tell you.

#1. I can't take my frustrations on my child who, no matter how much I lover her can be very frustrating at times. So, I take them out on you because you are old enough to handle them.

#2. I am going to get bitchy when someone suggests that something is wrong with my child. She has had enough problems without you adding to them, and I worry about her enough already, too.

#3. Don't keep asking me, "Is she doing ______, yet?", or trying to make my child do something that I already told you she can't do. IF she is developmentally delayed (which, again, I worry about enough without you adding to it) then that is MY problem and MY business, not yours.

What I truely want in this world is to have a conversation with another parent without wondering if something is wrong with my child. I want to come over to a friends house without someone acting as though they can "fix" my child. She isn't broken and I love her just the way she is.

No comments: