Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Unconventional toys for toddlers

Sometimes I find it amazing what odd things attract Ella's attention. And, of course, everytime she picks up something from around the house and gets fascinated playing with it, I ask myself why I spend any money buying her fancy toys. Here is a sampling of some of those household toys.

belts
tubes from toilet paper rolls and from wrapping paper rolls
aluminum pie plate
red string
plastic storage containers
remote control
phone
mostly empty water bottle (tightly screwed shut, of course)
twine
cat toys
rolling foot massager
shoes
DVD boxes
bowls and spoons
blankets and pillows
house plants
bungee cords
raquet balls (the bounce is amazing and lots of fun on hard floors)
sunglasses
toilet paper
combs and brushes
canned food

So, if you are running out of ideas for entertaining you little one, give something from the list a try. And if you have any other good ones to share, please let me know. I love anything that changes things up in my day, and I love great opportunities for picture taking.

No comments: