Thursday, November 20, 2008

collective sigh

Ella has started having tantrums, but today's was a whopper!

Early in the afternoon, about an hour before her nap time she started testing me. For example: she hit me in the face when I wouldn't give her something then refused to say she was sorry. So, when nap time came and I changed her diaper all hell broke loose. She ended up walking around the house screaming and throwing a book around. Eventually she started vomiting (thank goodness it was in the kitchen so it was easy to clean up) which, of course, made her cry even more. She even slipped in a puddle of it before I got to clean it up and fell on the floor. It took me forever to calm her down, but at least she was amenable to my attentions (true tantrum crying would involve her pushing me away). I had to strip her down to her diaper in the kitchen because she was covered in vomit. Eventually she got dressed again and took a nice nap.

Whew!

No comments: